The masterminds behind Tabletop Gaming and Miniature Wargames magazines will be bringing gaming to the masses this September at the first ever Tabletop Gaming Live convention.
Taking place September 29 – 30 2018, the inaugural convention will celebrate every type of analogue gaming, including board games, card games, miniatures, wargames, party games, family games and more.
The first event of its kind held in London, Tabletop Gaming Live will give visitors the chance to play the latest games released during the summer, as well as being among the first fans in the UK to try and buy the hottest releases from US convention Gen Con in August, and preview upcoming titles due for release at Germany’s Essen Spiel in October.
Among the newest releases on the show floor will be Forbidden Sky, the next game from Pandemic creator Matt Leacock in his acclaimed and successful survival series (Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert), which will celebrate its official UK launch at Tabletop Gaming Live.
Visitors will also have the chance to play the latest game from the creator of Magic: The Gathering, Richard Garfield, following its surprise reveal at Gen Con. KeyForge: Call of the Archons is the first-ever ‘Unique Deck Game’ and boasts billions of individual card combinations.
The second edition of the X-Wing Miniatures Game will also be present on the show floor, ready for players to return to a galaxy far, far away in the biggest evolution for the hugely popular game and tournament mainstay yet.
Some of the many publishers, retailers and studios set to demonstrate and sell their new games directly to players at Tabletop Gaming Live include:
- Fantasy Flight Games (KeyForge: Call of the Archons, X-Wing Miniatures Game,Android: Netrunner, Legend of the Five Rings, A Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror Files, Star Wars)
- Catan Studio (Catan)
- Mythic Games (Time of Legends: Joan of Arc, Solomon Kane, Reichbusters: Projekt Vril)
- Days of Wonder (Ticket to Ride, Small World, Memoir ’44)
- Z-Man Games (Pandemic, Carcassonne, Love Letter, Terra Mystica)
- Modiphius (Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Star Trek Adventures, Achtung! Cthulhu, Infinity RPG, Conan RPG, Thunderbirds)
- Cubicle 7 (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Warhammer:Age of Sigmar RPG, The One Ring RPG, Doctor Who RPG, Adventures in Middle-earth)
- PlayFusion (Warhammer: Age of Sigmar – Champions, Lightseekers)
- Thames & Kosmos (Exit: The Game, Imhotep, Legends of Andor, Lost Cities)
- Mantic (The Walking Dead: All Out War, Dungeon Saga, Star Saga, DreadBall, Kings of War)
- Warlord Games (Bolt Action, Strontium Dog)
- Iello (King of Tokyo, King of New York)
- Blue Orange (Kingdomino, Queendomino, Photosynthesis)
- Big Potato (The Chameleon, Bucket of Doom, Scrawl)
- Inside the Box (Sub Terra, Newspeak)
- Gamewright (Sushi Go!, Forbidden Sky)
- Oink Games (Deep Sea Adventure, A Fake Artist Goes to New York, Insider)
- Alley Cat Games (Dice Hospital, Lab Wars)
- North Star (Happy Salmon, Funky Chicken)
- Osprey (Frostgrave, High Society, London, The Lost Expedition)
- Warcradle Studios (Dystopian Wars, Wild West Exodus)
- Queen Games (Luxor, Pioneers)
- GCT Studios (Bushido)
- Ralph Horsley (artist for Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer 40,000 and more)
- Tactic Games
- Anvil Industry
- Rubicon Models
- Wayland Games
- Zatu Games
- Battle Foam
- Firestorm Cards
- Leisure Games
- Titan Wargames
- Pendraken Miniatures
Alongside demos and stands on the show floor, Tabletop Gaming Live will include a huge open gaming area with a free game library for players new and old alike to come along and try at their leisure. They can also grab an available table to play games brought from home – or those they purchase during the weekend.
A dedicated participation and demo area will give players the chance to join regular sessions for roleplaying games including Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RuneQuest, Pathfinder and HeroQuest, as well as popular miniatures titles and wargames such as Gaslands, UFO, Sands of the Sudan andFrostgrave.
A number of board game tournaments will offer visitors the opportunity to grab participation goodies and win exclusive prizes for family favourites such as Kingdomino and King of Tokyo. Entry is completely free, meaning that anyone can enter and show off their skills – or simply enjoy playing great games.
Tabletop Gaming Live will also host the first-ever official UK Gunslingers GT tournament for skirmish miniatures game Wild West Exodus, featuring exclusive prizes and the chance to land a place in the WWX Hall of Fame.
Alexandra Palace’s West Hall will be hosting talks, seminars, panels and workshops with designers, experts, members of the Tabletop Gaming magazine team and more throughout the weekend as part of an exceptional live speaker schedule. See the full schedule here.
All of the talks are free to attend for Tabletop Gaming Live visitors and include a drop-in miniatures painting workshop, discussions with designers about the making of fan-favourite games, the chance to preview and play an in-development unofficial expansion for board game phenomenon Catan, a live edition of the Tabletop Gaming Podcast, and more.
Tickets for Tabletop Gaming Live are available now from Ticket Factory. Prices start at £10, with weekend passes and family bundles available. Children under 10 accompanied by an adult can attend for free.