Players will be thrown back onto the dark streets of Dunwall to conduct unspeakable crimes this summer as Modiphius announces the release of the Dishonored tabletop RPG.
Fans of the Dishonored series were left reeling after the conclusion of the latest video game, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, which led to speculation that this was the final game in the franchise. While the future of Bethesda’s series is still unknown, fans can take to tabletops instead in a brand new roleplaying game.
The creators of Star Trek Adventures and Conan Adventures have worked with Arkane Studios, the masterminds of the award-winning video game to bring the Empire of the Isles to tabletops, using a streamlined version of Modiphius’ 2d20 system.
Players can take on the role of their favourite protagonists, Emily and Corvo, or create their own assassin to wield the strange powers of the void and Chaos mechanics.
The Dishonored roleplaying game will be released in a deluxe table-friendly hardcover digest book containing everything players will need to jump straight into the streets of Dunwall, with a comprehensive guide to storytelling in the Isles and a series of adventures that will take you on a journey of drama, intrigue, deception and occultism. Along with the book’s release, there will be custom dice and other accessories to add to the experience.
The 300 page book features:
- An introduction to the Empire of the Isles, and an in-depth look at its history, its people and the struggles they face.
- A step-by-step guide to playing the role of the Protagonists: from grim assassins and rugged criminals, to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists.
- A host of antagonists and a myriad different story hooks to inspire you, from the harsh, cold lands of Tyvia to sunny Karnaca.
- Insight on the strange nature of the Void, as well as rules to harness the its reality-bending powers.
- “The Oil Trail”, a mini-campaign in four acts that serves as a perfect introduction to the City of Dunwall.
Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game is scheduled for a summer 2020 release. For more information, head over to the Modiphius website and sign up to their newsletter.